Resilience ....

In my garden, I found several broken stone pieces scattered, each bearing its unique shape and form. Among these stones, one caught my attention. I had recently come across a quotation online that resonated deeply with me: "In the end, we all become stories." This thought lingered, compelling me to consider how each life, if understood and articulated well, could indeed be a compelling story. I often found that my shared experiences didn’t always elicit the response I hoped for, while gossip about me seemed far more intriguing.

Inspired, I decided to transform the stone into a keepsake bearing the profound quote. After cleaning it meticulously, I used liquid paint to inscribe the words. My vision was to frame this stone in a unique yet economical way. Fortunately, I found a carpenter willing to take on this unusual task. I even bundled in a few other odd jobs for him.

However, when the job was completed, my excitement turned to disappointment. While fixing the stone into the wood, the carpenter accidentally broke it. Undeterred, he used colored adhesive to rejoin the pieces, but this only resulted in an unsightly chip in the middle. The end product was far from what I had envisioned.

Reflecting on the experience, I realized the truth in the quotation. Our lives, with their flaws and imperfections, their stories of success and failure, are ultimately what we leave behind. This stone, though broken, now carried a story of its own—one of aspiration, mishap, and the resilience to see beauty even in the broken pieces.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity in Diversity

Mountain Rose