A Child's Plea

 A Child's Plea


Amma, the kajal-mixed tears cascading down,

Your white saree, a symbol of purity and love, now stained with sorrow's dark crown.

Your tears, a lament for humanity's plight,

For the humble and suppressed, suffering in endless night.


These unbridled tears, a narrative of the world's pain,

Atrocities, crime, and falsehood, assuming monstrous forms in vain.

A tired witness, I am, to the injustices of our time,

Longing to fly away, to a realm where love and peace entwine.


But I am your child, and a child forever I'll remain,

Shielded from the vicissitudes that bring you tears and pain.

Let not the darkness of this world change my heart's tide,

May I remain your tear drop, seeking the ocean's finality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity in Diversity

Resilience ....

Thursday thoughts